Monday, March 16, 2009

It Ain't Paint Until it's on the Wall!

My my! A month goes by quickly! I was just thinking the other day that I should write a new post and then I realized it- it had already been a month since I had last written! Oops! Oh well...no pressure. I can only write as I come up with things to write about!

This last month has been busy, and for me, nesting has been in full swing. My first project was to turn some of these stark white walls into rooms of color! For about two weeks I went about painting some shelves in the kitchen, the dining room, kitchen and a small half bath. I've come to realize something- I really like painting! There's something very therapeutic about painting and when it's all said and done...it adds so much freshness and brightness to a room! And (best part) it's very inexpensive. I just went to Walmart and bought the least expensive indoor semi-gloss they had. Even though we aren't here to stay for forever, knowing it was inexpensive made me feel good about doing it. So, if you're in a style rut or need to brighten up a room...I strongly recommend it. :) And it's fun, too! If you have any painting stories you want to share, do tell!









3 comments:

Mattameus said...

I think I've been to that place before :P

Grace said...

Your home looks lovely...just like it knew it would! (Where did you get the placemats??? I'm pretty sure we have the same ones! Haha! Great minds think alike!)

I don't have any interesting painting stories yet, but I'm sure I will soon. Yesterday we tested some of the painting in our house for lead, and almost everything came back positive!!! Ack! Since lead is so dangerous for babies and big people alike, we're trying to figure out what to do, and it looks like a paint job might be on our horizon.

I loved your post and can't wait to see your beautifully painted house in person! Love you!!!

Anonymous said...

It looks great Gailey!
How are the newly black painted bathroom things looking? I want to come over and see your house!!
Love you,
Greta