I know I haven't posted anything in awhile, but I've been doing a lot of fun projects lately that have kept me busy. I'm totally in "nesting" mode, which has resulted in me getting quite a few things done around here!
It's funny how nesting seems to take over the pregnant woman....it's actually ridiculous how it plays out sometimes.
1. You make an enormous list of necessary "Things to do before baby comes" and check it frequently to see how you're doing ( most things on list are not absolutely necessary and I know it...ahem).
2. You declutter all your closets and drawers.
3. You find yourself doing things 3 months in advance than you normally would.
4. You buy 4 different blankets for the nursery, decide on which one to actually keep, then take 3 of them back.
5. You can't get to bed at night cause you're up deciding what color to paint the nursery.
6. Your sense of urgency goes from "I'll do that later" to "there is no later!"
7. You soak up every bit of information about labor, breastfeeding, caring for an infant, etc. as possible.
8. You have 2 magazines and 3 books about pregnancy, labor, etc. on your beside table at all times.
9. You find yourself wanting to organize everyone else's life, too. (they need my help!)
....and for the worst....
10. You organize your "junk drawer" in the kitchen.
Silly I know....but hey...it happens! Matthew laughed out loud the other night when he saw me organizing and refolding the tablecloths in the linen closet after midnight. I just had to do one more thing before I went to bed....or it would have driven me out of bed at 2 am! Why do we do this? I don't know for sure....but somehow I think God has something to do with it...and if that's the case...I'm not arguing. And besides, my house is getting cleaner than ever in the process!
*What's the funniest thing you've ever done while nesting....or strangest nesting story you've ever heard? Do tell!
P.S. When I get to it, I'll post some pics of some of the projects I've been working on lately. ;0)
Have a beautiful, quirky day,