Thursday, May 19, 2011

Garage Sale-ing

On Mother's Day Eve I snagged the opportunity to do some much desired garage sale-ing....all to myself. I'm not sure if I enjoyed the hunt or the time alone the most! It was a perfect day for it, and as fate would have it, I did not come home empty handed. ;)

Here's are few goodies I was able to snatch up:



Cute little wooden stool





I already had the white vases, but
I thought using them would take prettier pictures ;)





$3!





Faux, but surprising real-looking,
Pottery Barn birch bark candles.
Can you believe these were once priced
at $30, $20, and $15? = $65!





I bought all 3 for just $5!
{they look like they've only been used once too!)




Ratan wicker basket organizer- $1





Vintage jewelry tray with ornate detailing





$1!





2 wood frames with glass fronts- $1.50




And last but not least.....

This old symphony book with
awesome wear and tear...





I just love the texture of the worn pages





50 cents!



Total investment: $12.00! I was happy with what I came away with and am looking forward to how I'm going to now USE them! I believe in using everything you own. Of course I have some things just for decorating purposes alone, but to me, that's where they find their use. However, if something is meant to be handled and used and it's just sitting in a closet or on a shelf and is never taken out and used....then you might as well replace it with something you actually use!!

How I'm going to use these items:

Stool- plant stand
Birch candles- coffee table centerpiece
Ratan organizer- in kitchen to hold incoming/outgoing mail, etc.
Jewelry tray- on vanity in Master Bedroom
Frames- will repaint the gold one black and use them on my "studio picture wall" that I'm creating
Symphony book- for decoration


Well, that's all for now folks! If you've been garage sale-ing recently and found some great deals, leave me a comment and tell me about it! ;)

Have a beautiful Thursday!!!


Gail

2 comments:

Grace said...

Gaily, I can't wait until I can go garage sale-ing with you...or would that cut too much into your alone time?! ;) Love your finds...especially those candles. I like that look a lot! Love you!

Blessings, Your little big sis! ;)

Anonymous said...

Let's all go together sometime and hang Gail's time alone:) It would be fun though...right?

Love ya, sis!

Gwen