Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A Taste of Summer: Fresh Basil

After watching my little basil plants struggle through the heat this Summer to produce a crop of sweet basil for me, I knew I shouldn't let their efforts grow in vain.

While reading this blog post from "A Country Farmhouse", I knew I had found the perfect way to use my tender, little plants. Pesto Pizza! My sister and I made it the other day for us and Matthew, and LOVED IT! The pesto really does add something special. YUM! I'll definitely be making it again this Summer, or as Matthew pleaded, "please, we must make this a weekly meal!"

Let me know if you try it...it really is delicious. ;0)


My plants produced over 2 cups packed basil...with more
leaves left on the plants for next time! I love using my fresh herbs.


Have a delicious and beautiful day,

Gail

No comments: