Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Nursery

I have had several people nag encourage me to post pictures of the nursery, so today I thought I would finally do it! This was an on-going project of mine throughout my pregnancy that took a lot of blood, sweat and tears (tears of joy that it was done!) and was such a pleasure to put together for our little one.

Baby Cole's Nursery


We found the crib on Craigslist and the bassinet
(which we keep in our bedroom now)I found
at a thrift store. My mother and I lined it with a soft
off-white material for additional comfort.
The green knitted blanket is a gift made by my mother
and the blue one across the bed was made by a
friend of mine. Handmade baby gifts are the best!




I found this adorable lamp and nightstand
at the Christmas Tree Shops, as well
as the brown sisal rug in the middle of the room.
This is my new favorite store...they have A-mazing deals!




The bed, mirror and dresser-turned changing table
I found at a garage sale for a steal. I painted them a light
gray. The bed & breakfast tray I found at Goodwill
and painted the same color.




Remember this $40 garage sale beauty?
It's surprising comfortable and has already
gotten a lot of use. ;0)




Many a diaper has been changed here already.
I love the drawers for the storage space and
use them to house all of his clothes and
baby necessities.




I've had these vintage pictures for quite some time now,
just waiting for the perfect use for them.
Matthew spray painted some old wooden frames white
and I used fabric I already had on hand
to create the backdrop.




I just love the old artwork.




A shower gift. ;) Love it.




More vintage books. ;0) The "Snips & Snails" frame
is one I already had on hand that I freshened up
with a coat of white paint.









My Grandmother Linda made the bed skirts and pillow.
I just love the way they coordinate with the rest of the
nursery.



This is a sweet card made from an artist
friend of mine. It was too cute not to frame. ;)




Bed & breakfast tray already stocked with reading material.
The book on the left is what I used as my inspiration
when choosing colors for the nursery.




The pom poms I made from yarn in the vintage
colors drawn from the book inspiration and a nifty
pom-pom maker given to me by my sweet
mother-in-law, Ruthanne. ;0)


Love & Happy Decorating,

Gail



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice nursery!

God bless,

Amy

Anonymous said...

So beautiful, creative, and personal- just like you!!!

Love you, Mom

Grace said...

Well finally, haha! Glad to be one of the naggers who helped encourage you to get these pics up, haha! Love you so much...and that sweet lil' boy of yours!

Blessings, Grace

Courtney Elizabeth said...

So cute!!! Will you come help me decorate mine? When it's time of course. :) But seriously, you did a great job!