Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Today I faced my fear...

....of car washes!!! 


That's right...I've been a bit of a wimp when it comes to going through those big car washes where you put your car in neutral, take your hands off the wheel and brakes, and just let yourself glide through those weeping willow-looking, something-out-of-Sesame-Street, monster sponges & brushes. But I did it. Phew! And I didn't die! I'm not exactly sure why I was afraid to go through it (alone that is, cause I've done it with Matthew and I'm fine)...but I guess you could say I'm a little claustrophobic at times. I also have a wild imagination and imagine myself going through the washing tunnel...then one of my windows breaking and one of the large Woolly Mammoth brushes attacking me! A likely scenario...I know.


Well anyway...now that I've conquered this fear I will probably be frequenting the car wash much more often and our car won't look so dirty all the time! And paying the 6 bucks for a car wash is definitely worth it in comparison to the hour it would take washing it out in the 109 degree weather with all the sponges, towels, water and soap I'd have to drag out and then later wash. They even buffed & dried my car off so there wouldn't be water spots on it later. :) So, I'd definitely say it was a successful day all around!!


What's an irrational fear that you have? Do tell! :) (it'll make me feel better about mine....)

1 comment:

Emily Minich said...

Grates. I refuse to walk on them since I'm absolutely positive I'll fall through! Also, clowns scare the living daylights out of me.