Monday, July 4, 2011

Freedom in Christ! & Fourth of July Waffles

This Fourth of July I thought I'd share some verses that are good reminders to me of our FREEDOM IN CHRIST!! How grateful I am that we have freedoms here in the USA, but without the freedom that Christ brings....oh my...I would be lost. Thank you, Dear Jesus!!


"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery." (Galatians 5:1)

"We are under great pressure, far beyond our ability to endure, so that we despaired even of life. Indeed, in our hearts we felt the sentence of death. But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God, who raises the dead. He has delivered us from such a deadly peril, and He will deliver us. On Him we have set our hope that He will continue to deliver us." (2 Corinthians 1:10)

"In my anguish I cried to the LORD, and he answered by setting me free." (Psalm 118:5)

May those verses resonate through your heart today!

And now onto a delicious waffle recipe! Good for today (though it's a bit late for breakfast now) or any day of the week. Enjoy!!

~Fourth of July Waffles~

Adapted from my mother's recipe of "Popular Waffles & Pancakes"


*Makes 8 7" waffles*



2 free range eggs- beat

beat in remaining ingredients:

2 cups organic buttermilk

2 cups organic whole wheat flour

2 teaspoons baking powder

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/4 cup plus 2 Tablespoons coconut oil


Heat waffle iron; cook. Top with a little butter,

your favorite organic berries, & a drizzle of pure

maple syrup. Yummy & healthy!!!




HAPPY FOURTH of JULY!!!


Gail

1 comment:

Mom said...

How interesting and wonderful that you would post this verse yesterday. Dad and I sat after breakfast yesterday and talked about a verse to write on the "chalkboard" about our freedom in Christ. Guess which one we chose? As we talked, Dad made the observation that we have freedom from ....... and freedom to....... and then we discussed those very things. I always love these conversations with your Dad and happy to see your precious heart as you rejoice in your own freedom in Christ. Indeed, thank you, Jesus!