Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Three Cheers for the Red, White & Blue!

Yesterday was a very relaxing day for our little family. We had an extremely busy week last week and barely spent time together, so we decided to set aside time....just us....to celebrate the 4th together. It was just what the doctor ordered!


Our morning started off with festive "Fourth of July Waffles". They were delicious! I may end up making that a tradition each year....we'll see. ;)




I made this wreath from natural coffee filters that I had used to make pom poms with for a bridal shower I hosted (more on that later). It was an easy & fun project that I created while watching Cole play with his toys on the floor. All I did was crinkle each filter so it looked more wrinkled and soft, pinched the center and twisted it a little, then push-pinned it to a styrofoam wreath form. The flag ribbon was some I already had on hand.




Old recital sheet music makes for a good 4th decoration!




Mini flags in white vases gathered from years past sit atop my dining room buffet.




My 3-tiered plate stand displays my small collection of vintage jello molds. They're not just for show though....I do actually use them too!




More vintage patriotic sheet music!




An arrangement I made using some leftover flowers from a wedding I designed for over the weekend. It just so happens that they were patriotic colors! Perfect. I tied some patriotic ribbon on it for a more festive look. The pom poms are made from white coffee filters (also from the bridal shower).




My handsome hubby and Cole letting their patriotism show. ;)









Aren't those sunglasses a riot?! I love 'em! Thank you Gram'ma & Gram'pa!










Me & my precious boy :)

I was so glad to finally purchase a flag this year! I had been looking for one with embroidered stars and individually-pieced stripes for a good price and finally was able to find just what I was looking for! Now we'll be able to proudly display it at the appropriate times and holidays.









It's official! We're Americans!



The rest of our day was spent going out to dinner at "Red Hot & Blue" (yummy ribs & bbq brisket!) and watching some good ol' fireworks while listening to WRR Classical 101's patriotic music. If you ask me, I'd say it was a day well spent!


I hope your day was as equally enjoyable!


Hugs,

Gail

1 comment:

Dad said...

Gail, I love your wonderful creativity... and the love you have for your family and for making things so very special for them! I LOVE YOU BIG TIME!!!