Saturday, October 8, 2011

Pumpkin Patch

Hello Dear Ones!


First of all I wanted to thank those of you who commented on my previous post concerning the loss of our sweet baby. Your kind words were beyond encouraging and have lifted me up during this time. And for so many of you who have lifted us up in prayer, called us, visited, etc. the past couple of weeks.....thank you. It means so much!! It reminds me that we aren't suppose to carry our burdens by ourselves, and so by sharing with you this burden and having seen so many come alongside us we have seen the Body of Christ at work...and it's a beautiful thing. xo.


 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


 Yesterday my two sisters with kids and I set out to the beautiful Dallas Arboretum to explore and enjoy the sights of their Autumn pumpkin displays and flowers. It was SOOO beautiful!! Naturally, being a floral designer and an all-around lover of all things natural, I was in awe the whole time. :) And being there with two of my best friends didn't hurt either! And the kids? Well....they just had a ball (literally, I think a couple of them thought the pumpkins were balls!) in the pumpkin patch! Here are some photos I took to capture the memories of the day:




Cole on the path lined with pumpkins :)



This is his newest thing: he loves to point
at things with his index finger and has the
funniest expression on his face when
doing so!





Just his size ;)






Always a little taste too...





My Little Pumpkin :)












Me & My Baby



















Yellow ruffle shoes among heirloom gourds





One of the Pumpkin Houses....there were lots of them!!





Gwen, Gracie & Eli in the pumpkin house
called "Cinderella's Kitchen"





All the pumpkin excitement wore him out!





Goofy little guy :)






Tongue smiles :)

What a fun day it was!!! I hope you enjoyed the pictures and if you
live in the area...let's go again! (I know I plan to!) :)


Happy Start of Autumn Festivities!!!

Gail


P.S. What fun Autumn activities do you enjoy with your family??? Please
share and maybe I'll get some good ideas!! 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun!

Blessings,

Amy

Grace said...

We had such a good time with you and sweet "Baby Cole!"

Love you!
-Grace

Christie said...

Gail, this is absolutely beautiful! You are very talented!! I have often said that if I could have a dream job it would be to arrange flowers somewhere! Christie at Three pixie Lane

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

Oh my goodness this turned out so beautiful!! I agree you are so talented!!