Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A Day {Home} with Baby

Yesterday Cole and I spent the day at the home I grew up in, surrounded by my parents (Grammy & Papa to him), my delightful sisters and brother, and some very adoring cousins. It was such a wonderful day.





I love everything about the home I grew up in...the smells...the rich, country colors...my mom's homemade quilts....the redbud trees lining the driveway....the fruit orchard......Dad's immaculate garage....and the big kitchen where everything happens.










It's such a peaceful place to go back to. I always love visiting because immediately I feel at home. Annie, our Golden Retriever, is always the first one to greet me. I love that....and someday Matthew and I would like to have a dog for our kids. They're just something about growing up in a house with a dog...






My sister Greta now occupies the room that used to be mine. As soon as I walk through the door I am at once flooded with all the wonderful memories of that room. I grew up playing with my American girl doll Samantha in there (or any dollies for that matter....little dollhouse people and paper dolls, too! I was such a girlie girl...still am ;p). It was my first "big girl" room, and it was all mine. :) I had sleepovers in that room, hid under the covers during thunderstorms in that room, and had my first looooong conversation with my future husband in that room.






In a way, that house will always feel like home. Maybe it's because Matthew and I have only rented thus far that our houses have never truly felt like our home. We're big dreamers though...and someday we hope to be able to stay in one place, fix up a house, and make it a home for our children. Oh how I long for that day....





In the meantime though...it's good for me to be thankful for where the Lord has us right now....and I do love where we are. We've been very blessed...oh so blessed. And if I should ever complain, I ought to be slapped in the face for my ungrateful heart.








I once heard someone say, "home is where you feel loved".


I couldn't say it better myself. I'm very blessed to have a husband that loves and cherishes me....a son that makes each day special....and a loving family that I will always love going back to. So, while I may still dream about a day when Matthew and I will be in our own home...right now....I've got everything I could ever want.


Love & warmth,

Gail

9 comments:

Mom said...

Gail, you honor us with your sweet words and it makes all the dreams, and prayers, and efforts, and love and sacrifice so worthwhile to know that it has made a difference in your life!

Love you immensely,

Mom

Ginger@cottageonrosewood said...

You are so lucky to be able to go home. Some of us aren't that lucky. You may not be in your dream home right now, but you are making a lovely little nest for your family. And when the time is right, you will find the right house and the right dog!

Grace said...

Loved seeing the pics of sweet "Baby Cold"...haha, oh and Johnathan said he was cute! Love you all!

Blessings,
Auntie Grace

white flower farmhouse said...

There is nothing like a baby to humble us all, and make us feel so thankful for all that we have. Your photos are beautiful!

Kayla said...

Gail your words are precious and you baby boy is even more precious!

Kayla

eye lift said...

I would be really nice day for you. Really precious moments you spent with your family and child.

Unknown said...

I love your pictures, and this post as well! Happy Spring! :-)

-Elizabeth

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

This is such a sweet post!Your baby is adorable and the photos are great. I am new to your blog. Glad I found it!

varicose veins said...

I love this Baby and the Baby is really cute and I think this day is really memorable day in your life. Your all the photos are beautiful!