Monday, September 28, 2009

Forever John 3:16

Have you ever quickly passed by or see something out of the corner of your eye, whether in your home or out and about and a second later thought, "is that really what I saw?" You quickly turn around for a double-take, and sure enough....you see it (or you happen to realize it was all in your imagination!). This happened to me a few days ago....

I was in my closet rummaging through my scarf drawer and when I had found my prize (the scarf I was looking for) and turned away, I saw a flash of yellow and what I thought said John 3:16. Could that have been my Forever 21 bag, I thought?


For those of you who don't know, Forever 21 is a clothing store in the mall for teens and twenties and is known for it's organization by color, stylish appeal, and best of all: inexpensive! Yes! I enjoy shopping their occasionally for accessories and fun clothing and it's nice that it doesn't break the bank, either.

BACK TO MY STORY...

So there I was in the closet and as I swung around for a double-take, sure enough..my bright yellow FOREVER XX1 bag had John 3:16 on the bottom...I hadn't even noticed it before. Very unexpected, but way nifty. :)

I haven't researched to see who puts it there....but whatever the reason, it made me think of that old, familiar verse that most of us know...

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son; that whosoever believes in Him, shall not perish, but have EVERlasting (eternal) life."

FOREVER 21? New meaning. :)



2 comments:

Grace said...

Interesting...never noticed that before...not that I've shopped at Forever XXI in the last few years anyways, but nonetheless, pretty cool! Love you, Gaily!

Greta said...

I looked on my bag after you told me that, Gail, and sure enough it was there! How cool!
Love you,
Greta