Sunday, November 15, 2009

Autumn Party

The party on Saturday was delightful! My Mother Cindy, 2 of my sisters (Gwen & Greta), and Gwen's 4-month-old son, Levi came. It was an afternoon to remember, complete with cinnamon hot cider, warm pumpkin soup, and as always...lots of laughter and good conversation. :)

Here are some pics of the afternoon:



I set the table with an embroidered leaf tablecloth,
cloth napkins that my sweet sister Greta made for
me last Christmas, and some pretty leaves and candles.


Greta enjoying a sit on the sofa :)


The guests. :)


Me and the sistas. (and sweet Levi!)



Gretty & Levi.


Like Mother like Daughter.


For lunch I served pumpkin soup in pumpkin
guards; a mixed salad with cranberries, oranges and
pecans, and a yummy zucchini quiche with a crescent roll crust.
Delish! Oh, and remember those silver goblets Matt and I got
and an estate sale awhile back? They sure clean up when you
get some silver polish to them! We used them for the cider. So fun!

A tip for using salad dressing at a party:

Make it fun and re-purpose your egg cups (or any small saucer,
such as salt cellars) and fill each with dressing. That way, if your
guests don't feel like eating the salad first thing, the rest of their food
doesn't get soggy from the liquid of the dressing. You can even ask
guests for their choice of dressing if you prefer (maybe only offer 2 varieties
so it doesn't get complicated).It fun to do it this way because it feels like
you're in a restaurant or tea room!


And because we all have a little kid in us ( or because we

didn't get to go to the State Fair this year),

I made some scrumptious caramel apples for the finishing touch.

They were YUM!



Gwennie about to munch on a caramel apple!


And I can't forget our littlest pUnkiN. Isn't he a sweetie?


Have a fantastic week!


xoxo,


Gail

1 comment:

Grace @ Ruby Moon Designs said...

Everything looks so beautiful yummy!!! Wish I could have been there! Love you!

-Grace