Friday, November 13, 2009

My Autumn Home

Seeing how Fall is about to turn into Winter and the season of Christmas, I thought I'd share with you some pictures of my Autumn decor before I decide to pack it all up and start decking the halls with boughs of holly! My personal rule is, you can't decorate for Christmas until Thanksgiving is over (although in my head I certainly start to! But that's not cheating! *wink*). But boy by Black Friday I certainly get going at it!

Anyways, like I promised....My Autumn Home:

In the middle I have some bush branches
that I clipped and spray painted white and put in this
red ceramic pot with green moss. It's sitting atop
my old Singer sewing machine that I scored at
an estate sale. I just love the yellow details!

A grouping of gold pillar candles make
themselves at home on these brass candlesticks
that I got at a....of course....garage sale! (I think I paid
$10 for 5...good deal, eh?) and nestled among Autumn
leaves that I collected in Lynchburg, VA. Also, a little
candy corn for the sweet tooth. :)

I didn't buy a single orange pumpkin this year because
I already had these babies! Ceramic pumpkins! You can use
them year after year and they don't rot. ;) Here I have one inside
a cheese ball dome dish sitting atop a mini cake pedestal with
a garland of berries encircling it that I made using brown ribbon and
assorted faux berries from the crafts store.

More leaves, candles and pumpkins
on the mantle!

Coffee chest with a large ceramic blue (which I love)
pumpkin on a vintage cake stand. The elevation makes it stand
out and say, "look at me! I'm pretty!"

Glass vase with dried hydrangeas that I sprayed
blue (after the color faded) alongside one of my
collected ceramic pumpkins.

No Autumn decor would be complete without
a cornucopia! Here I have it sitting on an ornately-carved
antique plant stand that I got for $10 at a flea market
in Cleburne, TX.

Displaying our Virginia apples are 3 tart
pans sittin' cozy on my tiered plate tree. The middle
tier has an antique jelly mold in it which I got at an
estate sale for cheap. At the bottom is more
of the pretty Lynchburg foliage that I gathered.

Well I guess that's about it! Have a delightful 2 more weeks of celebrating the scents, colors and warmth of Fall! It's sad it gets the back burner to Christmas...so let's give it all the thought and recognition it deserves!

Happy Fall, Y'all!

P.S._Today I had a fantastic Autumn party with my Mother and sisters...I will make sure to post pictures and details soon!

XOXO,

Gail


1 comment:

Grace @ Ruby Moon Designs said...

I love your "Autumn Home" and only wish I could have been there yesterday for your mother/daughter Autumn Afternoon! Mom was describing all the food that you made and my mouth was seriously watering! Love you so much, Gaily!

Love, Grace